Why This Is the Best Thing for Your Health
How you wake up in the morning sets the stage for the rest of your day. If you can’t get into a rhythm out of the gate, you will struggle to feel right and be focused. This 1 simple practice will help you change everything physically and mentally.
Many of my leadership clients are shocked when I tell them about the power of drinking a minimum of 16 oz of water as soon as they wake up in the morning. There are serious health and physiological benefits linked by science to this practice. Here’s why it’s a must and the reasons your body will flourish if you do.
You may have heard that the Japanese are known for living longer than most any people group in the world. One of the reasons they attribute to their longevity is drinking two full glasses of water when they wake up. These 7 reasons explain why they are so committed to drinking water and why you should be too.
- Hydration. Your body is 72% water and dehydrated after 8 hours of sleep – especially your organs. It needs the H2O to wake everything up and get going.
- It kick starts your metabolism. A recent study by german researchers state that 90 minutes after drinking cold water (H20) will boost your metabolism by 24%.
- Your brain is 75% water. If you are low on hydration, it drastically impedes your brains ability to function and release the right neuro-transmitters into your blood stream. Lack of water can also make you feel fatigued and cause your mood to fluctuate.
- Water gives you more energy. Studies show just a 5% drop in body fluids can cause a 30% reduction in energy. Chronic hydration occurs in two-thirds of the population. To compensate people turn to caffeine and sugar for energy which makes loss of energy even worse.
- Water helps your body get rid of toxins. According to Dermatologist Kenneth Ellner, “Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate.”
- You will lose weight. According to a study referred to by Time magazine, people who drank 16 ounces of water before every meal lost about 9 pounds, over the course of the experiment.
- You will look better and you will have smoother and healthier skin. Water acts like a moisturizer, but from the inside out.
A morning glass of water has incredible health benefits and will leave you feeling clear and focused throughout the day.
Don’t stop at drinking water in the morning! One of the healthiest things you can do is to stay hydrated. Recommendations are 8 – 8 oz glasses of water throughout the day. If you want a healthier boost, add fresh squeezed lemon.
Here’s your 30 day challenge: Start taking control of your life and help your body first thing in the morning by giving it what it needs. This is a complete game changer that will help you have the focus and energy to stay committed to your goals. You will feel like there is nothing you can’t do!
JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK FOR EXCLUSIVE UPDATES